After years of being a closet writer, my poems started to tell me they wanted to get out more . I have a roving rambling heart myself so I completely understand . Happy travels .

Thursday, April 4, 2013

THREE


You kept saying you’d be Four
In and out the cottage door
‘I’m going to the grocery store!’
Back again with an encore
In and out the cottage door

At two
You knew

How to tease and charm Grandma at the same time
That when people visit there shouldn’t be bedtime
That experiments are usually worth the trouble
How to end the craziest day with a cuddle

Not so fast , not yet - not Four!
Sneaking out the toddler door,
Sweet wee boy, there’s magic in Three
Oh! The adventures and pleasures there’ll be!

Tickle festivals shall be held!
Diapers cast out, gone, expelled!
Happy Birthdays, Santa Claus.
Saying ‘I Love You’ just because.

Wham, slam, jump, sing!
A most strange and amazing thing
To see you exhaustingly happy.
So do it again and again laddie,

In and out the cottage door
Hearts are glad and spirits soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment